MOVE IT is back and looking for top talent to teach class and inspire at the world’s biggest dance event at ExCeL London taking place from 13-15 March 2020.
MOVE IT celebrates the breadth of dance, welcoming all styles and dancers to come together under one roof from the UK and beyond. Our ambition is to offer an incredible range of classes that encourage people to get active, develop their technique or try something new. In 2019 31,000+ dancers of all ages explored the 243 classes on offer and got to experience the vast array of dance styles taught by a phenomenal line up of industry professionals.
The show has always provided teachers with an opportunity to promote their work through performances, classes and talks, most importantly it has acted as a platform to reach and inspire thousands of dancers. This year we have shaped and redesigned the Teachers Package to help our teachers even more, particularly those who operate independently.
All questions in this application are compulsory. The deadline to complete is Monday 30 September 2019.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The MOVE IT Teachers Package is worth a minimum of £2300 and includes:
► Promote yourself via the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 185,000 unique users every year! If you are selected for the MOVE IT class programme, you will be given a dedicated profile page which allows you to upload text, images, video and weblinks.
►New for 2020 is a financial contribution for all classes taught at the show. For standard classes, teachers will receive 60p per ticket sold for their class, so if you teach a class with a capacity of 166 you would receive £99.60 if it sold out. All classes at MOVE IT have a financial contribution that is payable against the number of tickets sold, but in the case of classes submitted by brands, educational establishments or large subsidised companies the monies will be paid to the organisation and not the individual teacher. We will require you to provide your bank details in advance of the show. Alternatively your contribution can be donated to our official charity partner Danceaid. The Creative Team have the autonomy to programme classes in any studio size they deem suitable, it is not possible to request a specific capacity studio.
► Independent teachers* will also have the option to list their upcoming classes (outside of MOVE IT) on their profile. This will also be displayed in a dedicated calendar of events.
► New for 2020! Independent teachers* will be given a free entry to MOVE IT’s first Dance Teacher Training Event happening in 2020. This event has been designed to provide you with inspiration, facts and solutions to apply to your teaching career and or studio. This event is open to other teachers also and tickets will be on sale for those who do not qualify under our Independent Teacher Package*
Content will include seminars, keynote speakers, break out groups full of content designed to help independent teachers grow their brands and smash their business goals. Topics include:
• Build a successful brand online;
• Tips to become fully booked and sold out;
• Show me the money – how to access funding to support your work; and
• Meet the expert sessions on a variety of topics – get up close to the key issues in the sector
The day will end with a networking event
► All classes are promoted and printed in the official MOVE IT show guide circulated at the event
► Reach 150,000+ highly engaged followers through our social media and email campaigns leading up to the event
► Free entry to the show on the day of your class
► Launch new content and promote this inside your class with discounts, flyers, posters etc.
► Scout for new talent and develop your fan base
► Use the opportunity of working on such a large scale by having your class filmed and distributed through your networks
* The Independent Teacher Package is new for 2020. When you sign up to teach a class at the show please confirm that you are an independent teacher and not representing a brand, educational establishment or large subsidised company. All classes at MOVE IT have a financial contribution that is payable against the number of tickets sold, but in the case of classes submitted by brands, educational establishments or large subsidised companies the monies will be paid to the organisation and not the individual teacher. We will require you to provide your bank details in advance of the show. The Creative Team have the autonomy to programme classes in any studio size they deem suitable, it is not possible to request a specific capacity studio.