Applications for MOVE IT 2019 have now closed.
Due to high demand there is a strong competition for involvement in the programme and we regret that we are not able to accommodate all applicants.
Please note that we keep unsuccessful applicants’ details on file and may be in touch closer to the time if slots become available.
Due to the high number of applications we cannot offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not be disheartened, and please try again next year!
MOVE IT is back and looking for fresh, inspiring talent to demonstrate their skills on the Main Stage at the world’s biggest dance event which takes place at ExCeL London on 8-10 March 2019.
The iconic Main Stage showcases the diversity and excellence of the dance world and provides a space for all dancers to come together under one roof from the UK and beyond.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
Here at MOVE IT we take the programming of our main stage very seriously. All applications are considered by the Creative Team and we take into account the following principles:
- diversity of dance acts
- demonstrate breadth and excellence in performance
- freshest, newest and most innovative performance
- demonstrate integrity and authenticity of choreography
The content in our main stage is editorially independent from the commercial side of MOVE IT.
Programming decisions do not reflect stand purchases or other partnerships, decisions are based on what the team feel are the most relevant to the visitors.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION STAND OUT
The more you tell us the more we are able to picture your work. Please:
- Offer as much detail as possible e.g. describe your performance and the dance style you are teaching
- Share the choreographers credentials e.g. sing their praises; it is important for us to know who they are and their experiences
- If you are a company please provide us with background on the organisation, studio or school e.g. list the credentials and recent experiences of the company
- Upload a clear image that reflects your chosen style – maximum file size 512KB. File type must be JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- Include links to footage which shows the creativity and experience of the teacher/company
Please note: you can submit up to three performance ideas per application form. This does not mean that you will automatically get all your ideas programmed. If we have additional questions around your submission we will contact you directly, please ensure that your contact details are accurate.
Please carefully read through the guidelines below before clicking through to the submissions page.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
MOVE IT is a leading and respected dance event in the UK providing you the opportunity to showcase your teaching style and brand online and in our studios. It is a high profile platform that offers artists the opportunity to reach significant numbers of dancers, including brand new audiences:
- You will have a bespoke artist profile on the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 170,000 unique users every year! On your profile page you’ll have the option to upload text, images, video and weblinks
- Showcase your talent in front of an audience of over 5,000
- The perfect platform to take to the stage and be scouted by international organisations, studios and schools
- You will be promoted and printed in 15,000 show guides circulated at the event
- Share the iconic main stage with some of the biggest artists in the dance industry
- Reach thousands of followers through our social media campaigns leading up to the event
- Have your performance filmed and distributed through MOVE IT TV
- Experience the main stage magic
Please note: MOVE IT does not pay its artists and contributors to teach or perform
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
- Performances on main stage take place in the main exhibition hall with a standing capacity of 5,000
- The stage will be open on three sides – there are no wings! The audience can stand on all three sides
- The stage is 10m wide by 9m deep
- There are 2 entrances onto the stage – both stage left and stage right
- The floor is a sprung floor
- All acts have to supply their music in Feb 2019
- There are no technical rehearsals
- The total number of performers allowed is 30
- Due to the nature of the show we cannot accommodate any large props or set. Any props used need to be agreed by the programming team
- There will be a lighting rig where we can accommodate colour wash and some specials – unfortunately no LX plans can be submitted
- Dressing room and warm up space will be allocated
- Chaperones – If your performers are aged 16 or under you are required to bring licenced chaperones to the event. You must also complete a Body of Persons Approval Form which we supply for your completion