#GOALS: goal setting for success
At DANCE+INDUSTRY we are all about the SUCCESS MINDSET. What does this mean? It means the way you view the world.
If you believe that everything is fixed, your skills, your talent, your opportunities and nothing will change no matter what you do…then, well, you need a huge dose of SUCCESS MINDSET. To succeed, you must believe in growth, self-improvement, the ability to learn, excel and not only take advantage of opportunities but create them.
The secret to success is goal setting. Goals keep you focused, they give you direction and they allow you to monitor your progress, and thus, celebrate your successes! Yay!
To accomplish your goals you need to know what they are and how you plan to reach them. It’s not enough simply to say “I want to be a world-famous choreographer with a monster truck and a home cinema…” Even if you do want that, you’ve got to put in the hard-work and follow a plan to reach it.
When it comes to goal setting, here is my advice:
- Set big, ambitious goals, be BOLD!
- Set goals that motivate you; those that give you a fire in your belly, the things you daydream about achieving!
- Write down your goals; research shows that writing down your goals makes you more likely to achieve them and helps you think BIG, so get writing.
- Stick with it; you’ve gotta be in it for the long haul, your goals should give you a realistic timeframe for success, some might take a month, some a year – the important thing is to stay focused!
- Celebrate your successes: reward yourself for being awesome!
To make it all that little bit easier, I’ve created a weekly goals sheet over at danceindustry.co.uk , pay a visit to get your free planner.
DANCE+INDUSTRY: MAKE MORE MOVES helps professional dancers be better at business, we offer advice, seminars, courses and live events professional dancers looking to take their career to the next level, for a happier, more stable and long-lasting career in dance. Knowledge is power, so visit www.danceindustry.co.uk today or find us on Instagram.
DANCE+INDUSTRY founder Kymberlee Jay will be at MOVE IT 2018, stand 749.
Follow them on FACEBOOK
Follow them on TWITTER
Follow them on INSTAGRAM