MOVE IT is back and looking for top talent for our 2018 show. In 2017 we broke all sorts of records and had our best show yet at ExCel London. We are back there from 16-18th March 2018 and inviting you to submit your ideas for our dance class programme.
MOVE IT celebrates the breadth of dance; all styles, all types of dancers from across the UK and beyond. Our ambition is to offer an incredible range of classes that encourage people to get active, develop their technique or try something new; and in 2017 over 20,000 dancers from beginners to professionals took part in your classes.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
Here at MOVE IT we take the programming of our dance studios very seriously. All applications are considered by the Creative Team and we take into account the following principles:
- Classes from a variety of dance genres currently popular in the UK
- New class ideas, including those that are popular internationally
- Classes that attract visitors to the show and get them excited about dance
- High quality classes led by great teachers
The content in our studios is editorially independent from the commercial side of MOVE IT.
Programming decisions do not reflect stand purchases or other partnerships, decisions are based on what the team feel our visitors would most enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION STAND OUT
The more you tell us the more we are able to picture your work and how it might fit as part of the dance class programme. Please:
- Offer as much detail as possible e.g. describe your class structure and the dance style you are teaching
- Share the teacher’s credentials e.g. sing their praises; it is important for us to know who they are and their experiences
- If you are a company please provide us with background on the organisation, company, studio or school e.g. list the credentials and recent experiences of the company
- Submit a clear image that reflects your teaching & dance style. Please note maximum file size: 500KB. File type must be JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- Include links to footage which shows the creativity and experience of the teacher/company
Please note that there will be the opportunity to add multiple ideas to the same lead contact details.
Please note that you can add three of class ideas to your submission as the lead contact. This does not mean that you will automatically get all your class ideas programmed. If we have additional questions around your submission we will get in contact directly with you so please ensure that your contact details are accurate and you check your messages.
Please carefully read through the guidelines below before clicking through to the submissions page.
CONSIDER WHO YOUR CLASS IS FOR
MOVE IT offers classes at different levels to cater for beginner, intermediate, advanced and professional level dancers. Classes are also offered to under 16s and dancers wishing to do partner work. Please note all classes are in studios are fully accessible to wheel chair users.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
MOVE IT is a leading and respected dance event in the UK providing you the opportunity to showcase your teaching style and brand online and in our studios. It is a high profile platform that offers artists the opportunity to reach significant numbers of dancers, including brand new audiences:
- You will have a bespoke artist profile on the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 145,000 unique users every year! On your profile page you’ll have the option to upload text, images, video and weblinks
- With up to 170 people in one class, MOVE IT offers the chance for you to reach new people, network and generate new business. It is a great opportunity to connect with the public and increase your regular class numbers, book new teaching or choreography jobs. Just as you are looking to develop your business at MOVE IT other organisations are looking for new artists to work with.
Please note that MOVE IT does not pay its artists and contributors to teach or perform.
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
- There are 10 classrooms, 1 masterclass studio for more intimate advanced level classes, 1 ballroom for social dancing and partner work and 1 seminar room. The classrooms range in size/capacity from 30 – 170 people
- Classes are 45 minutes long (with the exception of masterclasses which are 1 hour long)
- We provide a head set mic, iPod/CD input, PA system and small raised stage
- Depending on the size of your allocated studio we advise you bring up to four assistants to support your delivery
- If your class is aimed at under 16s specifically you will need to have a valid DBS Disclosure (previously known as CRB)
- All class providers must have their own public liability insurance (valid for the show dates) – without insurance it will not be possible for you teach at MOVE IT.
- All class providers will be asked to provide a short risk assessment for their class to ensure they have considered any potential risks. We will provide you with a template risk assessment.
Thank you for submitting your dance class idea(s) for MOVE IT 2018.
If you have reached this page we have successfully received your submission.
Due to high demand there is a strong competition for involvement in the programme and we regret that we are not able to accommodate all applicants.
Please note that we keep unsuccessful applicants’ details on file and may be in touch closer to the time if slots become available.
Due to the high number of applications we cannot offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not be disheartened, and please try again next year!