MOVE IT is back and looking for top talent for our 2018 show. In 2017 we broke all sorts of records and had our best show yet at our new home, ExCel London. We are back there from 16th-18th March 2018 and inviting you to submit your shows and dance concepts to be a part of our main stage programme. MOVE IT celebrates the breadth of dance; all styles, all types of dancers from across the UK and beyond.
The Performing Arts Workshops are an essential part of the Show. They sit alongside our Dance Class and MOVE IT PRO programme. In 2017 over 19,000 participants from beginner to professional took part in our overall class programme.
The Performing Arts Workshop programme covers the full spectrum of the performing arts, including: acting, singing, musical theatre, backstage, voice work, directing, writing, casting, auditioning, devising, film, comedy and more. It is an opportunity to show how dance fits into the broader arts sector, which is vital to the arts ecology.
If you wish to deliver a talk on any of the above topics, please use the MOVE IT PRO seminar application form here
If you wish to teach a practical workshop, please complete and submit this application form.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
Here at MOVE IT we take the programming of our classes and workshops very seriously. All applications are considered by the Creative Team and we take into account the following principles:
- Classes from a variety of areas of the performing arts currently popular in the UK
- New classes ideas, including those that are popular internationally
- Classes that attract visitors to the show and gets them excited about the performing arts
- High quality classes led by great teachers
The content in our studios is editorially independent from the commercial side of MOVE IT. Programming decisions do not reflect stand purchases or other partnerships, decisions are based on what the team feel our visitors would most enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION STAND OUT
The more you tell us the more we are able to picture your work and how it might fit as part of the Performing Arts Workshop programme. Please:
- Describe the workshop in as much detail as possible; e.g. describe your class structure and the genre you are teaching
- Share the teacher’s credentials e.g. sing their praises; it is important for us to know who they are and their experiences
- If you are a company please provide us with background on the organisation, company, studio or school e.g. list the credentials and recent experiences of the company
- When uploading an image – make sure it’s clear and reflective of your chosen style. Please note maximum file size is 500KB. File type must be JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- Include links to footage which shows the creativity and experience of the teacher/company
- Consider who your workshop is for; MOVE IT offers workshops at different levels to cater for beginners, intermediate, advanced and professional level dancers. Workshops are also offered to under 16 year olds.
Please note that there will be the opportunity to add multiple ideas to the same lead contact details.
Please note that you can add three workshop ideas to your submission as the lead contact. This does not mean that you will automatically get all your ideas programmed. If we have additional questions around your submission we will get in contact directly with you so please ensure that your contact details are accurate and you check your messages.
Please carefully read through the guidelines below before clicking through to the submissions page.
CONSIDER WHO YOUR CLASS IS FOR
MOVE IT offers classes at different levels to cater for beginner, intermediate, advanced and professional level dancers. Classes are also offered to under 16s and dancers wishing to do partner work. Please note all classes are in studios are fully accessible to wheel chair users.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
MOVE IT is a leading and respected event for dance and the performing arts. Taking part in the programme is a unique way to give a targeted crowd a taste of what you/your organisation can offer.
Contributors will have the opportunity to demonstrate their expertise, reach new people and network (both online and in person):
- You will have a bespoke artist profile page on the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 230,000 unique users every year! On your profile page you’ll have the option to upload text, an image and web link
- The opportunity to share and discuss your work with the MOVE IT audience as part of a high quality programme with artists of all disciplines
Please note that MOVE IT does not pay contributors to offer classes, workshops or seminars.
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
- Performing Arts workshops will take place in a dedicated space away from the main show floor
- All sessions are 45 minutes long
- Please state if you have specific requirements
If your workshop is a talk please submit via MOVE IT PRO seminar application form.
Thank you for submitting your workshop application(s).
If you have reached this page we have successfully received your application.
Due to high demand there is a strong competition for slots on the programme and we regret that we are not able to accommodate all applicants.
Please note that we keep unsuccessful applicants’ details on file and may be in touch closer to the time if slots become available.
Due to the high number of applications we cannot offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not be disheartened, and please try again next year!