MOVE IT hosts special 'scouted' dance classes which give dancers the opportunity to come along and get auditions advice, tips on how to stand out from the crowd and learn a routine.
Talent scouts from Tiffany Theatre College, Wilkes Academy and West End Kids will be awarding scholarships at the show. Disneyland Paris and Tap Attack will also be scouting for talent!
OUR PICK OF SCOUTED CLASSES
FRIDAY 7th MARCH
- 11.30: Commercial / open level Wilkes Academy Dance Class with Dax O'Callaghan
Audition style class with an opportunity to get a ‘golden ticket invite’ to audition for a full 3 year scholarship at Wilkes Academy of Performing Arts. Commercial choreographer Dax O'Callaghan will teach a combination of different but current commercial styles
SATURDAY 8th MARCH
- 10.30 Jazz / open level Lyrical Jazz class with Tiffany Theatre College
Lyrical Jazz is a blend of the American Jazz movement with a flavour of contemporary and blues styles added to the mix
- 11.45 Commercial / open level - Commercial with Dax O'Callaghan
Audition style class with commercial choreographer, Dax O'Callaghan will teach a combination of different but current commercial styles. No dancer can succeed just mastering one style, so in this fast paced audition style class the routine will require versatility, helping students execute different 'flavas' and 'feels'.
- 14.45 Commercial with Dax O'Callaghan
- 15.45 Contemporary - Advanced class with UnTitled
An advanced UnTitled Masterclass by Lukas McFarlane and Stephen Aspinall inspired by evolving. The evolution of movement through learning, change and constant growth. Merging contemporary techniques with several other genres of dance, this class focuses on musicality, dynamics and using genuine human emotion.
- 17.30 Tap / open level - American Tap and Rhythmic Interpretation
This class will create a tap experience not to be missed, incorporating old school style with a modern twist.
SUNDAY 9th MARCH
- 10.30 Jazz / open level - Commercial Jazz with Tiffany Theatre College
- 12.45 Tap advanced class with Tap Attack
- 13.45 Street with Christabelle Field
Street choreography from ITV's 'Stepping Out' choreographer and Poison member, Christabelle Field. Presented by Tiffany Theatre College, who will be scouting talent in this class.
- 14.30 Advanced Contemporary with Stephen Aspinall
An advanced class led by Stephen Aspinall, the joint choreographer to the company UnTitled and resident teacher at Studio 68. Merging contemporary techniques with several other genres of dance, this class focuses on musicality, dynamics and using genuine human emotion.
- 15.30 West End Musical Theatre (10 - 21 years old)
Push your performance skills to the standard required for a West End Musical. Led by West End Kids, who regularly perform alongside professional casts at some of the nation's largest and most prestigious events.
- 15.30 Wilkes Academy Dance Class - Taken by Dax O'Callaghan
Win a Wilkes Academy scholarship!
Bring along your best moves - talent scouts will be checking out Wilkes Academy dance classes across the show!
You could be in with a chance of winning a golden ticket to audition for a full 3 year scholarship starting in September 2014.