MOVE IT is back and looking for top talent for our 2018 show. In 2017 we broke all sorts of records and had our best show yet at ExCel London. We are back there from 16th-18th March 2018 and inviting you to submit your ideas for MOVE IT PRO.
MOVE IT PRO is part of our Classes programme; in 2017 over 20,000 dancers from beginners to professionals took part. In this strand of our programme we present inspiring leaders and organisations from across the performing arts industry in a lively forward thinking programme of seminars and masterclasses. It is an essential part of the show focusing on the business of dance and careers in the sector, including the performing arts. MOVE IT PRO is about accelerating careers in the arts and is targeted at key audience groups: professionals, aspiring professionals, teachers, parents and students.
The programme includes high level masterclasses taught by respected dance artists and teachers across a range of styles.
The programme includes panel discussions and expert led seminars. Topics cover the full breadth of the performing arts including careers in dance; training in dance; acting; singing; the business of dance and musical theatre or the wider performing arts.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
Here at MOVE IT we take the programming of our content very seriously. All applications are considered by the creative team and we take into account the following principles:
- A programme which reflects the latest thinking and research in dance featuring a broad range of topics including: performance, health and wellbeing, fitness, the future of dance, leadership and the business of dance;
- Content that attracts visitors to the show and gets them excited and knowledgeable about dance;
- Ground breaking research or new business models
- Experts with a track record of achieving great things within the sector
- Content that appeals to our key audience groups:
- Young people looking to train in dance/the performing arts
- Dancers in training and recent graduates
- Professional dancers
- Dance teachers, producers, managers
MOVE IT PRO content is editorially independent from the commercial side of MOVE IT. Programming decisions do not reflect stand purchases or other partnerships, decisions are based on what the team feel our visitors would most enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION STAND OUT
The more you tell us the more we are able to picture your work and how it might fit as part of the MOVE IT PRO programme. Please:
- Offer as much detail as possible e.g. describe the content, its relevance, how it is innovative or vital to the sector
- Describe the speaker, company or artist i.e. Blow your own trumpet; tell us about your credentials, recent exposure or accolades. Without information about the speaker(s) your submission will not be as strong.
- When uploading an image – make sure it’s clear and reflects your chosen style. Please note maximum file size is 500KB. File type must be JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- Include links to footage or published articles (in print or online) that demonstrates your expertise in this area
Please note that you can add three show ideas to your application as the lead contact. This does not mean that you will automatically get all your works programmed. If we have additional questions regarding your submission we will get in contact directly with you so please ensure that your contact details are accurate and you check your messages.
Masterclasses are taught by leading artists across all parts of the dance sector, they can teach repertoire, technique, choreography or share new dance fitness content.
- Masterclasses take place in the Harlequin Masterclass Studio, which is an intimate and beautiful space accommodating up to 30 people.
- The studio has a fully sprung Harlequin floor.
If you would like to submit an idea for a MOVE IT PRO Masterclass, please use the dance class submission form here.
Seminars or panel discussions can feature a range of speakers and artists from across the sector and beyond. In the past experts have come from confidence and business sectors, as well dance training, performance and industry-wide bodies.
The programme includes panel discussions and expert led seminars. Topics cover the full breadth of the performing arts including careers in dance; training in dance; acting; singing; musical theatre or the wider performing arts.
- The seminars take place in the MOVE IT PRO Seminar Theatre, a dedicated room away from the main show floor.
- Each seminar runs for 45 minutes and the capacity for each is 100 ensuring the potential for lively discussion and debate.
- A projector, laptop and screen are provided.
If you wish to submit an idea for a seminar, please continue.
CONSIDER WHO YOUR CLASS IS FOR
MOVE IT offers classes at different levels to cater for beginner, intermediate, advanced and professional level dancers. Classes are also offered to under 16s and dancers wishing to do partner work. Please note all classes are in studios are fully accessible to wheel chair users.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
MOVE IT is a leading and respected dance event in the UK. MOVE IT PRO offers contributors the opportunity to demonstrate their expertise, reach new people and network (both online and in person):
- You will have a bespoke artist profile page on the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 230,000 unique users every year! On your profile page you’ll have the option to upload text, an image and web link
- The opportunity to share and discuss your work with the MOVE IT audience as part of a high quality programme with dance artists of all disciplines
Please note that MOVE IT does not pay contributors to take part in MOVE IT PRO.
Thank you for submitting your MOVE IT PRO seminar application(s).
If you have reached this page we have successfully received your application.
Due to high demand there is a strong competition for slots on the programme and we regret that we are not able to accommodate all applicants.
Please note that we keep unsuccessful applicants’ details on file and may be in touch closer to the time if slots become available.
Due to the high number of applications we cannot offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not be disheartened, and please try again next year!