MOVE IT is back and looking for top talent for our 2018 show. In 2017 we broke all sorts of records and had our best show yet at ExCel London. We are back there from 16-18th March 2018 and inviting you to submit your ideas to perform on the MOVE IT main stage.
MOVE IT celebrates the breadth of dance; all styles, all types of dancers from across the UK and beyond. MOVE IT presents the diversity of dance showcasing innovation and excellence of the dance world to develop a interesting and varied performance programme.
HOW ARE DECISIONS MADE?
Here at MOVE IT we take the programming of our main stage very seriously. All applications are considered by the Creative Team and we take into account the following principles:
- diversity of dance acts
- demonstrate breadth and excellence in performance
- freshest, newest and most innovative performance
- demonstrate integrity and authenticity of choreography
The content in our main stage is editorially independent from the commercial side of MOVE IT.
Programming decisions do not reflect stand purchases or other partnerships, decisions are based on what the team feel our visitors would most enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION STAND OUT
The more you tell us the more we are able to picture your work. Please:
- Offer as much detail as possible e.g. describe your performance and the dance style you are teaching
- Share the choreographers credentials e.g. sing their praises; it is important for us to know who they are and their experiences
- If you are a company please provide us with background on the organisation, company, studio or school e.g. list the credentials and recent experiences of the company
- Upload a clear image that reflects your chosen style – maximum file size 500KB. File type must be JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
- Include links to footage which shows the creativity and experience of the teacher/company
Please note that there will be the opportunity to add multiple ideas to the same lead contact details.
Please note that you can add three main stage ideas to your submission as the lead contact. This does not mean that you will automatically get all your main stage ideas programmed. If we have additional questions around your submission we will get in contact directly with you so please ensure that your contact details are accurate and you check your messages.
Please carefully read through the guidelines below before clicking through to the submissions page.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
MOVE IT is a leading and respected dance event in the UK providing you the opportunity to showcase your teaching style and brand online and in our studios. It is a high profile platform that offers artists the opportunity to reach significant numbers of dancers, including brand new audiences:
- You will have a bespoke artist profile on the MOVE IT website which is seen by over 170,000 unique users every year! On your profile page you’ll have the option to upload text, images, video and weblinks
- Showcase your talent in front of an audience of over 5,000
Please note that MOVE IT does not pay its artists and contributors to teach or perform.
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
- Performances on main stage take place in the main exhibition hall with a standing capacity of 5,000
- The stage will be open on three sides – there are no wings! The audience can stand on all three sides
- The stage is 10m wide by 9m deep
- There are 2 entrances onto the stage – both stage left and stage right
- The floor is a sprung floor
- All acts have to supply their music in Feb 2018
- There are no technical rehearsals
- The total number of performers allowed is 30
- Due to the nature of the show we cannot accommodate any large props or set. Any props used need to be agreed by the programming team
- There will be a lighting rig where we can accommodate colour wash and some specials – unfortunately no LX plans can be submitted
- Dressing room and warm up space will be allocated
Thank you for submitting your Main Stage performance idea(s) for MOVE IT 2018.
If you have reached this page we have successfully received your submission.
Due to high demand there is a strong competition for involvement in the programme and we regret that we are not able to accommodate all applicants.
Please note that we keep unsuccessful applicants’ details on file and may be in touch closer to the time if slots become available.
Due to the high number of applications we cannot offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not be disheartened, and please try again next year!